Thursday, August 26, 2010

Chicken and Bows

1 package (16 oz) bow tie pasta
2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
1 c chopped sweet red pepper
1/4 c butter, cubed
2 cans (10 3/4 oz each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
2 c frozen peas (I used one of peas drained)
1 1/2 c milk
1 tsp garlic powder
1/4 to 1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2/3 c grated Parmesan cheese

1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook chicken and red pepper in butter over medium heat for 5-6 min or until chicken juices fun clear. (I cooked the chicken in a skillet. I added the pepper when the chicken was almost done, I cut the chicken into chunk size pieces)
2. Stir in soup, peas, milk, garlic power, salt and pepper. Bring to boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 1-2 min or until heated though. Stir in cheese. Drain pasta; add chicken mixture.
3. Serve half of the mixture immediately. Cool remaining mixture; transfer to freezer container. Cover and freeze for up to 3 months.
*to use frozen casserole: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Transfer to an ungreased shallow 3 qt microwave safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 8-10 minutes or until heated through, stirring once. Yield: 2 casseroles (6 servings each)

Notes: I found that this did not have enough seasoning for us. I added more seasonings that we like. Next time I think I will use cream of mushroom soup instead of the chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment